The LGMedSupply LG 5.0 Professional Electronic Muscle Stimulator is a proven way to treat muscle pain and conditions by contracting, stimulating, re-educating, and toning the muscle. The LG 5.0 Electronic Muscle Stimulator is used by patients and athletes for rehabilitation and training purposes.
Electronic Muscle Stimulators (EMS) are used for both medical treatment and cosmetic purposes. Conditions treated by Muscle Stimulation include muscle spasms, long-term disuse after fracture or prolonged bed rest, strengthening for joint or muscle Injury, immobilized limbs, atrophy prevention, Bell's palsy, stress incontinence, muscle weakness, muscle spasticity following a stroke, and muscle strengthening, toning, and an enhanced physical therapy training.
The LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator works by sending electronic pulses to the muscle or muscles needing treatment, causing the muscle to contract and exercise passively. The LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator is simple and easy to use. You can easily to control the intensity, pulse width, and pulse rate by turning the knobs in order to find the most comfortable setting for you. The contractions are very similar to those produced naturally by the body. The LG 5.0 improves circulation and blood flow to help relieve joint and muscle pain "naturally".
The LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator is currently used in physical therapy, chiropractic offices, hospitals, and sports clinics for a variety of conditions and reasons. Now you have the opportunity to continue muscle therapy while at home or on the road!
Benefits of Muscle Stimulation includes:
- Relaxation of Muscle Spasms
- Increasing Local Blood Circulation
- Maintaining or Increasing Range of Motion
- Muscle Re-education
- Prevention or Retardation of Disuse Atrophy
- Immediate Post-Surgical Stimulation of Calf Muscle to Prevent Venous Thrombosis
LGMedSupply's LG 5.0 Electronic Muscle Stimulator Includes:
- LG 5.0 Electronic Muscle Stimulator
- Hard Protective Carrying Case
- Easy to use Knobs to Customize your Settings
- 4 Square Electrode Pads
- 9 Volt Battery
- 2 Lead Wires
- Instruction Manual
When you purchase the he LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator you will find that it includes everything you need for immediate use. This "drug-free" Electronic Muscle Stimulator will save you time and money. Instead of driving and paying at the clinic, you will be able to take advantage of your therapy in the privacy of your home.
The LG 5.0 comes with a 3 Year Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee.
The Optional Items you may wish to purchase are:
1. Extra Electrode Pads LGMedSupply manufactures high quality, premium electrodes. The LG-TEC ELITE comes with 4 Electrode Pads that last approximately 20 times. We also recommend purchasing some additional electrodes with your order. At some point you will need to replace your electrodes. Take advantage of Free Shipping to get a couple extra packs of our Premium Electrode Pads that we offer with your unit.
2. Rechargable Battery and Charger This is an excellent option that includes a 9 volt rechargable battery and charger which will allow you to get the most use out of your unit without the expense and/or inconvenience of purchasing additional batteries in the future. The rechargable battery lasts for about 24 hours of treatment.
3. Electrode Prep Spray which prolongs the life of the electrodes (pays for itself) by hydrating the electrode pad as well as removing body oil which can erode the electrode pads. It is not necessary, but it does make your electrodes last longer.
4. Lead Wires should be replaced just one or two times per year - and in the event that you break one. You may wish to consider ordering an additional pair of lead wires with your unit.
How does the LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator work?The LG 5.0 Muscle Stimulator sends comfortable impulses through the skin that
stimulate the treatment area. Because the stimulation of nerves and muscles may be accomplished by electrical pulses this modality can help prevent disuse atrophy.
Muscle Stimulation is helpful in conditions where the reduction of physiological range of motion is due to or the result of fractures with consequent immobilization, operative intervention, or arthroscopy, in shoulders, knees, and backs.
EMS units are used to treat a number of medical conditions that require muscle stimulation. The most common are: long-term disuse after fracture or prolonged bed rest, progressive strengthening for join and muscle injury, immoblized limbs, atrophy prevention ,stress incontinence, muscle weakness, improving muscle tone, after weight loss or childbirth, muscle spasticity following a stroke, prevent or retard disuse atrophy, strengthening programs, re-educate muscles, postop orthopedic surgery, joint replacement, gait training, shoulder subluxation and reduction of muscle spasms.
Electronic Muscle Stimulators (EMS) Stimulate, Re-educate, Massage, and Build Muscle. Electronic Muscle Stimulation is basically done by stimulating some areas of the body. For this purpose, an electronic stimulation device is used - electrode pads are placed directly on the body
area(s) that need to be stimulated. By dialing the voltage, you can pick different pressure on the muscles, that create various medical and cosmetic effects.
The low voltage is usually done on smaller, involuntary muscle groups, which cannot be stimulated in other ways. The low voltage also stimulates the brain, which starts sending impulses through the involuntary muscles, thus stimulating them as well.
Electronic Muscle Stimulators (EMS) are used for both medical treatment and cosmetic purposes (conditioning and toning). Medical conditions treated by Muscle Stimulation include: Muscle Spasms, Long-term Disuse after Fracture or Prolonged Bed Rest, Strengthening for Joint or Muscle Injury, Immobilized Limbs, Atrophy Prevention, Bell's Palsy, Stress Incontinence, Muscle Weakness, Improving Muscle Tone, Muscle Spasticity following a Stroke, and Personal Fitness Training.
Simply Place the Re-usable Electrode Pads on the muscle area that you wish to stimulate and receive immediate relief and physical conditioning. Why use expensive medications with side effects when a more cost-effective, drug free solution exists?
LG-5.0 Professional Muscle Stimulator Technical Specifications:
Dual, isolated between channels
Adjustable, 0-80 mA
Maximum output 80mA (peak to peak) into 500 ohm load each channel
Asymmetrical Bi-Phasic Square Pulse
Adjustable, 0 to 40V
Maximum Output 40V (peak to peak) into 500 ohm load each channel
One 9 Volt Battery.
10cm(L) x 6cm(W) x 2.1cm(H)
120 grams with battery
Adjustable, from 1 Hz to 150 Hz
Selectable, from 100, 200, 300 microseconds
Adjustable, from 1 to 30 seconds
Adjustable, from 1 to 45 seconds
Adjustable, from 1 to 8 seconds
Don't forget to check out our Additional Pain Relief units, such as the LG-US1000 and LG-US2000 Portable Home Ultrasound Unit. Ultrasound Units help speed the healing process by reducing inflammation and swelling. An Ultrasound Unit and LG-TEC TENS Unit/Muscle Stimulator make for excellent combination therapy. Many of our customers like to utilize both.